February 26, 2016
Open position: Product Manager, MBBR product line
We are looking for a Product Manager for our wastewater treatment systems MBBR (Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor) product line. The successful applicant will have a global role and report to our COO/CTO. The product manager will hold a permanent position with our team in Espoo.
The Product Manager will be responsible for the following duties, among others:
- Managing and developing Evac’s MBBR product line to ensure that we maintain a competitive offering
- Following customer needs and preferences, current regulations, and proposed/upcoming regulatory changes
- Handling product and life-cycle management for the product line
- Heading product-development projects and handling their budgeting and resource planning
- Ensuring the quality of product documentation and overseeing outsourced design and documentation services
- Providing technical support to the sales organization
- Communicating with customers, sales personnel, product managers, supply-chain managers, after-sales personnel, the Evac warranty department, subcontractors, and suppliers.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- An MSc or BSc degree in process engineering or mechanical/automation engineering
- At least three years’ relevant work experience in process or process-plant design or in related mechanical-design tasks
- Good CAD skills (experience with AutoCAD, Visio, and PTC Creo or similar)
- A proactive, goal-oriented approach and being a natural “self-starter” with initiative
- Good team-work skills and making a positive contribution to the work environment
- Ability to communicate well with customers, sales personnel, suppliers, and subcontractors in both English and Finnish
- Willingness to travel and take on assignments of a few weeks’ duration at shipyard sites or aboard ship.
If you feel that you are a good match for our requirements, please send your letter of application and an English-language résumé to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by March 10, 2016. For further information, please contact COO/CTO Mika Karjalainen by e-mail (firstname.lastname @ en.evac.com) or telephone (+358 50 381 3412).